Scootering around the city at nite has its perks. For one, less traffic = less road rage. Proving that I do have memory like an elephants, I found my way to Miramar and once I saw that damn ferris wheel, my problems ceased to exist.
That particular ferris wheel has a special place in my heart. I used to go there with Amanda when we were down or couldn't sleep. I can still remember our talks about the future, the many curve balls in life, enjoying the view from atop of the ferris wheel and me getting freaked out cuz I'm scared of heights. (the ferris wheel is perched on top of shopping mall --i wanna say on the 8th floor?)
While our problems were never really solved, just being away (not to mention being stranded in a suspended tin box for a good 2-3 mins) gave me a sense of calm that I needed. And that is exactly how I feel whenever I see that wheel.
There's a Wal-Mart type store right next to Miramar and we would go 'shop' afterwards. I remember this one time -- I think it was like 2AM and we went to look around and Amanda really wanted an ice cream cone. But no one was manning the counter (duh, it was like 2AM), so she reaches over the counter, pulls out a cone and starts doing it herself. Me, being a goody goody, started to panick (they execute prisioners here!). Of course people saw and when I saw them coming over, I yelled "RUN!"... which is exactly what we did. I know stealing ice cream isn't a big offense, but I'd like to think we were rebels that night -- mutha effin rebels.
No comments:
Post a Comment