Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Defining Moments

An excoworker IM'd me recently and noted how exciting my life is -- basing all this on my FB pictures.

If she only knew that I had 15 work events within a 6 week period that spanned 2 countries and 3 cities in Taiwan. During the same 6 week period, I: filed dozens of paperwork for a damn house that I didn't want to get in the first place; met with interior designers after work to make the house more live-able; used my weekends (when I'm not traveling) to pick out flooring, bathroom toilets, sinks, faucets, tubs, shower heads, an entire kitchenette, granite tiles for the kitcken, color panels for the kitchen cabinets; wall color, door color, stair color; back and forth trips between the house and numerous furniture stores to check measurments, breaking down already installed lighting to fit a closet in, breaking down already installed wall frames b/c the door space was too narrow, finding out they booked the wrong color wood floor AFTER they installed it; the numerous trips to the house during lunch hour, after work, day after day...

I'm exhausted as hell.

The events are done (thank god) and the house is in its final stretch. My life is not exciting. Because on top of all this, there's other drama (within the same time period). The kind that you see on day time soap and every week there's something new and even more out there -- this isn't November sweeps people.

And in the midst of all this, moments are defined, characters revealed, actions speaking louder than words and the ugly truth comes out. It's heartbreaking and disappointing but also a relief b/c finally you stop wondering, you stop caring...

Yeah, my life is totally exciting~~

1 comment:

Keiko said...

bah..you got a HOUSE!