Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ingenious Plan

Amanda recommended that I blog this -- who knows, I may gather a new following b/c of it.

This is a true story in the works:

Once upon a time in early 2010, I made a list of new year resolutions and one of the items on that list was to get married -- to any guy .. this year.

Why this proposal? My mom's been nagging me ever since puberty on finding a nice boy, settling down and popping babies out. My reaction has always been a 'this ain't the 50's' or 'you want kids, you pop them out!' sorta thing.

Even this whole house buying thing was a scheme of hers to have me one step closer to matrimony. For the record, I'm not against marriage, I'm just enjoying the single life in one of the busiest cities in the world.

I'll be turning the big 3-0 next year and if my math serves me right, I was 6 years old when my mom was 30. Scary thought aint' it? There could be a mini me in grade school eating glue b/c 1+1 is just too damn hard!!

Anyway, back to the plan. The plan, as stated before, is to get married. I'm not even picky. The guy can be any guy. Asian, Ukrainian, 1 eyed show pirate in vegas etc... as long as he's living, breathing and able say 'I do', its all good.

We'll have a quick n dirty wedding and 3-6 months down the line, an even quicker divorce. The whole point is to use this as an excuse for future questionings.

IE

Mom: Are you dating anyone?

Me: No, I'm still not over the last relationship.. The divorce was too painful.

Mom: Hmm.

I'm thinking this excuse will last a good 3-5 years.

4 comments:

Yafe said...

well, you use the excuse for many years. so amazing!!...
your range is very wide for Mr. right. Hope I have a pirate, I will let you know. haha

Yafe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yafe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
n.j said...

haha, thanks yafe!

he's not even mr. right. more like mr. right now.

=T