Thursday, March 14, 2019

It is what it is

Since the last entry (back in 2016), I can thankfully say Taobao was not the end of me.

Don't get me wrong, TB is on my frenemy list, but my lackluster desire to accumulate crap is my ultimate savior.

Its been a month since CNY holiday and I'm still learning how to process and deal with the fact that my dear friend of 25+ years has stage 4 lung cancer.  I wasn't expecting the on and off flood of emotions -- anger, sadness, not knowing what to do or say, but mostly just anger.  I've been trying to figure out the root of the anger, but so far, I have no answers.

I've been purposely anti social and avoiding people/the topic whenever possible as it is my preferred method of coping with things. I did find some solace in talking with the circle of friends from high school and for brief moments, break free of the dark and twisty monotonous bubble I've been in.

2nd treatment is coming up along with a not so great update.  It is what it is.

Fuck cancer.

No comments: