My friend, Andrew, whom I refer to as Campus Creeper, introduced me to Bitcoin early last year. He's an early adopter and made his fair share when BC was still in the early stages. When BC got below $7K, he sent me a note and said it was good time to invest. I took to his words and bought $500 worth + another $500 by default + another $600 for luck (AKA greed). What I didn't know was that BC is like playing the stocks (which I don't do).
Buy low, sell high!
I thought it was a long term investment and idiotically and optimistically waited for it to hit $19K again. Oh, what a fool I was/am. Throughout the months, when I should have sold, I waited and when I did sell, it went back up the following week. After 6 months of BC toying with my emotions and me checking the app every 5 mins, like a tween, pining for a return text, I was down $946.40. I could've gotten a new phone with that cash.
Anyway, the surge is happening now and I just couldn't resist. I checked yesterday and the price was around $4k, today at lunch was $4.6K (which made me antsy to buy) and after lunch, it went up to $4.8K. I bit the bullet and used the remaining $653.60 and bought BC.
Yes, I am somewhat still greedy, but mostly hoping to just break even. But learnings from the past have me worried that the surge will plateau soon and BC will go back to $4K. I hate BC. It's a toxic friend I have yet learned to drop.
But for now, surge, baby, surge!
No comments:
Post a Comment