I love walking in Taipei. The place is cramped with sky scrapers, cars, subways, buses, scooters, street vendors, shops, etc. that walking around is the best way to explore.
Whenever I take the bus/ride my bike to work, I always think of a scene from "You've Got Mail". It's in the beginning where Meg Ryan walks the streets of New York to her bookstore. As she walks, stores are opening, people are heading to Starbucks to get their morning coffee--its like watching the city wake up. Can't really get that feeling in Taipei--just the crazy morning rush and after work traffic.
But with the yin there is a yang. The night is here is amazing. Besides the fact that there's too many things to do to list, just by looking down Zhong Xiao E. Rd is a treat in itself. I guess its safe to say that Taiwanese people are more nite owls than morning people.
I can't wait for the weather to get cooler. I learned 1 valueable lesson this past month. And that is: no mascara during the summer months in Taiwan. I'm always mistaken for a high schooler here, so for work, I would wear make up--nothing fancy. But with the walking and the sweating and the long hours, I would literally look like a panda by the end of the day. Plus, I once poked myself in the eye with a qtip while trying to wipe it off. I stopped applying mascara the next morning. Lesson learned the hard way.
No comments:
Post a Comment