Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

Spending the holidays in Taiwan is very interesting. For new years eve dinner, a bunch of us went to Hooters for their spicy hot wings. I mean, who would've thunk? Hooters for new years eve dinner? But it was fun and the food was goooood. I have 2 freshly acquired pimples, compliments of the Hooters Tower and the hot wings.

I caught the Taipei 101 fireworks on the rooftop of my office building with fellow co-workers and Hooter-mates. It was pretty spectacular, but since the wind was blowing in our our direction, all we could see was smoke--eerie remininse of the 911 attacks. o_O (and the traffic afterwards lasted for the next couple of hours) I heard about 2 million people went to the Hsin Yi district to watch the fireworks?? Crazy ass number considering how small the area is. We packed it in Mexican style!

Anyhoo, here comes the New Year Resolutions list:

1. Cut back on coke and other forms of soda (so far, I haven't done a very good job)

2. Run 3 miles a day, 4 days a week.

3. Smile more

4. Dress more professionally at work

5. Carpe Diem!

6. Finish my SE Asia excursion

7. Learn to budget
- NT 1000 a week for lunch
- NT 3500 to be put away (savings)

8. Volunteer

9. Have more weekend getaways (getaways till this date: 0)

10. Travel to China

11. Try to be more giving and less vain

12. Stick to 4 of the listed things.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

happy new year again! :D