Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sand Everywhere

It's my last day on the island. I've come to respect the lifestyle the locals have. Most, if not all, are simple farmers/fishermans. All smile and wave whenever I walk past them on the street. They say that I am beautiful, but the fact is, nothing is more beautiful than the geniune warmth these folks possess. It's quite infectious, but I know once I get back to Taiwan, no one will smile back or wave hello to me... I know I'll miss the people here.

The solitarity of the past 4 days has given me a sense of peace that I haven't felt in a long time. Problems ceased to exist and because it was so quiet and calming, it took a while to get used to. Hot water, tv, internet and a working toilet are pure luxury items that for the most part, I went without during my stay here.

I can sit on the beach and stare into the ocean for hours -- almost like living in my own world. But the laughter from the kids playing the water will bring me back to reality and I'll look around and smile to myself how lucky I am to be on this oasis.

I leave tomorrow morning back to Cebu, where I'll stay for 2 nites before heading back to Taipei.

Will post pictures once I'm back!

No comments: