One of the few pleasures I have everyday when I turn on my computer is reading my friend's blogs. More specifically, I read Astri's blog b/c she has the decency to update it daily--for that, I salute you!
I absolutely hate watching the news in Taiwan b/c its very repetitive and the news topics always leave me with this thought: oh my god~
There was a story on a security guards dormitory and how his bunk gave him wet dreams every night. Other guards didn't believe him and when they slept on his bunk, they too had wet dreams. Sick~
Then there was the story of a family that adopted a scruffy, beat up dog. When the reporters asked them how the dog was doing now, they said "Oh, we washed the dog and now he doesn't look scruffy or beat up." @;@"
Recently a Taiwanese model/actress came out to reporters that her husband of 8 months had frequently beat her. In an attempt to save her and their 4 month old son, she figured the only way out was to hold a press conference. This has been the 'hot topic' this past week. So hot, that the news anchor held off the London bombing news to show the news of an abused wife.
Gee, I didn't know an abused wife story that's been going on for at least 4 days held more importance than breaking news on terrorism. Pretty fucked up if you ask me.
1 comment:
God I have to say amen to that post!
Post a Comment