I called Amanda earlier and it felt great to catch up with her. We both felt like it seemed years ago that we were in the same city, but its only been year. That's the thing about great friends -- able to continue our previous schmack talk (months ago) without missing a beat.
After my unfortunate encounter with a flying cockroach last nite, I've made up my mind to move into a nicer apt and enjoy living in the now. Amanda, being the great friend that she is, congratulated me and was happy that I was finally treating myself better.
Since I'm subbing now, I have the extra income to pay for rent -- which is also a factor why I want to / am able to move. Everyone's telling me how I should save, save, save.... but while I'm 'saving', I'm not really enjoying my 'now'. Bottom line, I want live comfortable. I want to be able to come home, plop on the couch and not have to worry about flying cock roaches or have these crazy rat dreams.
Plus, I'm going to ultilize the 1/3 ideology. 1/3 of your salary for rent. 1/3 for food. 1/3 to save.
I'm living in the now people! New and improved Nano v2.0.
No comments:
Post a Comment