Thursday, November 11, 2004

In and out

Juan Karlos is coming! Juan Karlos is coming!

I'm not particularly close with Juan--well, I did take his shirt off at the beach party in Kenting back in April (ahh, good times)... Anyway, he's heading back to Costa Rica and he has a 4 hour lay over in LA and Alice asked me and Jeff if we had the time to meet up with him. Not a problem. It'd be nice to see him and to catch up.

An update on my previous post--I went on my interview yesterday in Irvine. The company is in a very sophisticated/posh business plaza that reminds me a lot of downtown Bellevue. I parked my good ol Civic next to a Porsche and a Beamer and proceeded to the building. The interviewer was very nice and had tremendous confidence in me because of my liberal arts degree background.

I thought the interview was decent--I even researched the industry (something that I was always too lazy to do) and maybe even impressed(?) him with my knowledge. He's interviewing another person for the same position tomorrow and will call me on Friday, regardless if I'm the one or not.

But having my luck, I'll be congratulating the bastard that he's interviewing tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Couple weeks ago I got called in to interview for an Account Executive position for a Global Events Marketing company. If you read my posting on xanga, the interviewer suggested a position in Taiwan because of my background. Lo and behold he just called me and I'm meeting with the Managing Director on Tuesday!!! Whoo-hoo! Quite honestly, I don't know if I want to head back to Taiwan--if it works out, it'll be different this time around becuase I'll have an actual job. Maybe 4th times the charm?

1 comment:

Astriiluu said...

booo! you copycat! it's the same skin as my previous one! hahhahh!

you should put a tagboard up so we can leave you comments easily.

=)

good luck with the interviews!